Pages

Wednesday, 5 May 2010

52 Weeks of Baking - Week Four


I was feeling a bit under the weather but as all mums do at some point, I tried to carry on. 
So once again it was that time of the week: Baking time. I didn't want to spend too long in the kitchen so I was hoping to do a quick bake. 
Anyways, I was in the supermarket the other day and came across this new product [new to me] Bailey's Extra Thick Cream!. 
Now everyone knows, I can't resist anything with Irish cream in it, particularly Baileys. I even joined the club at http://www.baileys.com. I especially like it in hot chocolate. Oooh! I could so do with one right about now! LOL.

Ingredients 
A chocolate cake mix 
1/2 pudding box
1/4 cup of Baileys thick cream
1/2 cup of milk
A Mars bar chopped 

Method
Preheat oven 175 degrees.
Like I said earlier, this was to be a quick bake so I can crawl back to bed before my head drops off.
I made up the chocolate cake mix according to the instructions then add all the other ingredients. Added a chopped Mars bar. I used the mini cases for reduced baking time but ended up with loads, oh well, more for me ;D

The kids didn't get to taste this one due to the alcohol content so I had to bake another cake using plain cream just to appease them. Both cakes tasted  very moreish. I will definitely bake this again as an adult only treat :)



Happy baking and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' tasty, Sonya! Was just thinking about you today as I tucked into some chocolate! I enjoyed our little lunchtime soujourns to Asda. But ome-made is the way to go...xx Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete